Hormonal changes are no walk in the park to experience and may be somewhat difficult to cope with. Hormone imbalances may cause symptoms, such as moodiness, depression, hair loss, weight gain, insomnia, headaches, night sweats, and hot flashes that may leave you feeling like a stranger to even yourself. While menopause is not the only cause of hormone imbalances, it is typically the one that is discussed or referenced most often. Whether you are experiencing hormone imbalances due to menopause, a hysterectomy, a thyroid problem, or another health condition, hormone replacement therapy may be a suitable treatment for you. If you are weighing your options for hormone replacement therapy with your physician or other health care provider, you may want to discuss pellet hormone replacement therapy.
Here are five benefits of pellet hormone replacement therapy to mull over with a member of our team.
1) Some hormone replacement methods are difficult to remember to take, particularly the creams, lotions, pills, or injections. With the pellet hormone replacement therapy, it is set it and forget it until your next appointment. This gives you the freedom to go about your life with diminished problematic symptoms and more balanced hormones simultaneously. It is truly a win-win.
2) Studies have shown that pellet hormone replacement therapy is far more effective for treating libido and low sex drive in patients, while also relieving several other symptoms, compared to traditional methods.
3) Pellet hormone replacement therapy can last for a few months, giving you the ability to keep your hormones balanced through the long-term release of hormones for a longer duration of time. This can assist in avoiding the small imbalances that may appear on a frequent basis with the more traditional methods of replacement therapy.
4) Numerous traditional methods of hormone replacement therapy can significantly increase a person’s risk for potentially fatal blood clots. With pellet hormone replacement therapy, blood clots are a non-issue altogether. This means that your symptoms will decrease without any scary possible side effects to watch out for every day.
5) With pellet hormone replacement therapy, you do not have to worry about washing away a topical cream like you may with cream or lotion prescription hormones. Pellets are placed under the skin during a simple and quick office visit. While it is suggested that you keep the area dry for a couple of days, you can go back to swimming and showering with the area exposed once more after that initial recovery period.
While enduring hormonal changes and imbalances is never easy for anyone going through it, pellet hormone replacement therapy may mean that it can become easier for you to manage compared with traditional replacement therapy methods.
Contact us today at Med Spa 22 and schedule your consultation to discuss pellet hormone replacement therapy options in-depth before deciding if you are a candidate for this life-changing therapy. Our team proudly serves you from Fort Myers, FL.